We are delighted to welcome
Dr Luqman Khan,
Consultant Forensic and General Psychiatrist, MBChB, FRCS, MRCPsych
Dr Khan has over 10 years experience developing innovative General Psychiatry and Addiction services for a diverse client group with high levels of morbidity for alcohol, drugs, and mental health problems in the UK.
He qualified as a medical doctor (MBChB 1991) from the University of Manchester, originally pursued a surgical career (FRCS Glasg 1998) but decided to specialise in General Psychiatry and became a member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (MRCPsych) in 2003.
He has an excellent background in the innovative clinical management of complex psychiatric presentations in multiple challenging environments, where the focus is on responsibly measuring outcomes of new modalities and treatments
Dr Khan has a professional interest in Adult ADHD. He is part of the United Kingdom Adult ADHD Network (UKAAN).
He received his Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training in General and Forensic Psychiatry with Endorsement in Addiction Psychiatry in 2010. He previously had academic ties to the University of Glasgow and actively mentors and teaches students and specialist trainees.
His skill set includes
- Extensive experience in the management of Addictions therapies
- Complex trauma/PTSD
- Specialist experience in drug dependency management services.
- Vast experience in Forensic assessments and their management and diversion.
- Adult psychiatric assessment, diagnosis, and management; including Depression, Anxiety, Bipolar affective disorder . Advice on sleep hygiene,
- Extensive experience in intellectual disabilities
- Joint lead in Scotland for Adult ADHD (UKAAN)
- Experience in media and public engagement and medical education
Dr Khan is now available to offer private, face to face consultations built around your convenience and exact needs. For more information please call